Well if anyone read my earlier post you could probably tell that I was a little down, but I had some realizations today. I am always good at giving advice but not as well at taking it. I noticed this as I was pep talking Tina at work on the same issue that was stressing me out about work. Anyways.... so I started taking some of my own words and advice of others and trying it apply them.
First, why give up things that make me happy even if it lasts for just a moment. Life only gives you so many moments of complete joy why not take advantage of every opportunity! Anyone that has spent anytime with me over the last 6 years knows I love my Diet Pepsi! I realized the stressing out over not having it is not worth the time I waste. If I want a pop I am going to have one! (In moderation) If I want to pack up and go on a trip in a month from now. I am going to do it!
Two, If I am not happy with my job, do something about it. So I am thinking about going to school! Not anything drastic but maybe take some skills classes at SLCC or something. My true passion and goal is to be a Substance Abuse Counselor (or Assistant to one). I love to listen and am sooooo interested in addiction.
Third, make time for myself. If I need a "me" day off from work I should do it. A day of thinking and being inside my head only, is healthy every once in a while.
Fourth, do not worry about the stuff I can not change. If I voice my worrys to my family about their health or my concerns about our money issues to Tyson. And...they do not care...than why should I? Is it fair for me always to be the responsible, reliable one? I think not.
Last, I just wanted to thank and point out all the people that keep me sane! I have a lot of great friends that support me and this a shout out to them!
First, why give up things that make me happy even if it lasts for just a moment. Life only gives you so many moments of complete joy why not take advantage of every opportunity! Anyone that has spent anytime with me over the last 6 years knows I love my Diet Pepsi! I realized the stressing out over not having it is not worth the time I waste. If I want a pop I am going to have one! (In moderation) If I want to pack up and go on a trip in a month from now. I am going to do it!
Two, If I am not happy with my job, do something about it. So I am thinking about going to school! Not anything drastic but maybe take some skills classes at SLCC or something. My true passion and goal is to be a Substance Abuse Counselor (or Assistant to one). I love to listen and am sooooo interested in addiction.
Third, make time for myself. If I need a "me" day off from work I should do it. A day of thinking and being inside my head only, is healthy every once in a while.
Fourth, do not worry about the stuff I can not change. If I voice my worrys to my family about their health or my concerns about our money issues to Tyson. And...they do not care...than why should I? Is it fair for me always to be the responsible, reliable one? I think not.
Last, I just wanted to thank and point out all the people that keep me sane! I have a lot of great friends that support me and this a shout out to them!
My ladies that I might not see for months at a time but I always know are there to have a good time if I need them!
Sierra can always make me laugh and supports me even when I get the case of the "Sierras" :)
"J" we have had our ups and downs but your always there to talk when it really counts.
My "Keetchy" who just in the last few years has become part of my life again, but has had my back since 3rd grade.
My "T's" Tanya who keeps me sane within the middle all of our crazy family drama's and work. Tina my cubicle buddie that can always bring me to reality and make things not seem quite as bad!
Thank YOU and I love each and everyone of you!!!
2 comments:
Ah tiffany, i love you. you are a great friend and i know we will be friends forever. i am always here for you!
Im so glad to see you are feeling better. Those are great "Tiff- osophy's"!! Anytime you need a day off to just get out and need some company, call me I am always looking for a reason not to go to work!! I love you so much!!
Post a Comment