The last few weeks I have noticed something in myself that scares me a little. My anxiety is getting way out of hand. This is always been something I deal with but my list of things that bring it on is getting longer everyday. I have noticed my hands shaking more, sweating for no reason, and nausea that sometimes last hours. My goal is to try to control this so I thought the first step would be to admit everything that I can think of that I have anxiety about on a regular basis. - Money
- Getting Older
- Letting people down
- Being Late
- Worrying about my family's health
- Work!
- Making sure other people around me are happy
- Having kids!
- Other people being late
- Did I mention work!
Why I stress and worry so much is something I am trying to dig deep to find out, but any advice anyone has would be great. I am only 23 and I can not imagine how much worse it is going to get by the time I am 30 if I do not gain control over my nerves. My life is so great and filled with so many amazing people but feeling this nervous and worried all the time makes it hard to enjoy life as easily. Sorry to bore you all but this is my type of therapy........Any words of advice is appreciated!
3 comments:
Tiff! I have had anxiety my whole life, and while I was in college, studying Social Work, it came to my attention that I didn't just have anxiety, but I had social phobia, and panic attacks on a regular basis. I decided to see a therapist- who honestly didn't do much for me, but the DRUGS did! You could even go to a family practitioner and ask for anxiety medication. They will probalby want to diagnose you first, but it depends on the dr. Some are really good about just giving you medicine with you describing your symptoms. The medications that worked best for me are clonazopam and citalopram. (I think those are the generics for something else). But seriously, I couldn't solve the problem alone, and so I need a little extra help. I am not on those meds now, because I am still nursing, but as soon as I am not nursing anymore, I want to get back on, because I feel really overwhelmed and sick sometimes. I am on meds for postpartum depression though. (I swear I am not a pill popper). Anyway, if you have any questions, or just want to talk about it, give me a call, or email me!! rachellelaree@msn.com. Sometimes it was helpful for me to talk to people who were going throug the same thing. sorry this is a novel, but I hope you start feeling better soon!!
Tiff- Im so sorry to read that!! I haven't ever had as much anxiety as it seems you have, but I can say I have def had my share of stress. I finally had to stop and look at everything I was missing by worrying so much. The number one thing I had to do was take time out for me. As long as my list of stuff was to do I had to step back, breathe and do something that I enjoy. All the things you stress about are all normal things that everyone worries about its just a matter of how much you worry. Think about how much of your day is spent worrying... now imagine all that time actually doing something worthwhile, because you cant ever get that time back. Life is so precious, we never know what is going to happen, dont take it for granted. I know I'm not to much of a help but I do know one thing... if all else fails just take some Zanacts.. that'll make anyone fell better!! Love you!!
Tiff I know that I am not your favorite person but I have been in your shoes with anxiety like no other.. The best way I found to work through it is I wrote down everything on my mind and that I was worrying about. Kind of like keeping a journal. It helped get it off my mind for whatever reason. I would also talk about things with charie and she was a big part in helping me settle down.. Out of everything I found that what helped most was for me to find out what made me happy and what made me feel comfortable at all times. Sit back and relax and dont worry about all the daily life things lifes to short for that.. Everything will fall into place.. And you have tons of family and friends there for you.
-Trev
Post a Comment